The New Bern Farmers Market is located in downtown New Bern, North Carolina. It is open Saturdays from 8AM to 2PM year around. The market has a selection of local produce, plants, farm raised meats, baked goods, Arts and Crafts, and so much more.
New Produce every weekend as Eastern North Carolina gardens start sharing the late Summer/ Fall bounty!
- Our Farmers have tomatoes, beets, cabbage, greens, mushrooms, pears, apples, spinach, sweet potatoes and micro-greens.
- There is plenty of eggs, dairy, wines, honey, jams and free-range beef, lamb, pork, and chicken.
- Our Bakers have many kinds of desserts to tempt your taste buds.
- Our Plant Growers have potted plants for the home and garden.
- Shop our Artists, Crafters, and Authors for their unique items handmade by the vendors!
- Don’t forget the market building and grounds are available for rent. Keep us in mind for your next event!
Image Created by: The County Compass, Bayboro, NC
As the seasons begin to turn from Fall to Winter, so do the offerings at the farmers market. Our farmers change and what they offer also changes during the winter season. Our crafters become more plentiful this time of year offering tons of homemade items just in time for the holiday season.
Why shop small this holiday season?
The holiday season officially kicks off the Friday after Thanksgiving, with special shopping hours 8AM to 4PM on Friday November 25th, and a longer Saturday Market day in celebration of Small Business Saturday, November 26, 2022.
Each of our vendors operate a small business. Some of our vendors sell at multiple locations, some vendors sell on-line, and some only sell at our market, but each offers uniquely homemade products, whether through their growing skills, baking skills, or crafting skills each vendor shares the products of a small business. So why should you support small businesses this holiday season?
- Stimulate Local Economies
- Reduce the Carbon Foot Print
- Create more Jobs
- Give Back to the Local Community
- Great Customer Service – Small Business Owners know their products well.
- Nurture Innovation and Growth – Small Business Owners need to stand out, so they are always looking for new ideas to make that happen.
- Support the American Dream – I always wanted to………
Source for this list: 7 Reasons to Shop Local and Support Small Businesses
We hope you can join us each Saturday this holiday season. This time of year , as well as through out the year many non-profit organizations join our market community. During the month of December, New Bern Civitan and and Tryon Civitan Clubs will have fundraising on market days.
NOW ACCEPTING: SNAP/EBT
Remember: SNAP can be used to buy edible plants and herbs including backyard vegetable garden bedding plants!