The New Bern Farmers Market is located in downtown New Bern, North Carolina. It is open Saturdays from 8AM to 2PM year around. The market has a selection of local produce, plants, farm raised meats, baked goods, Arts and Crafts, and so much more.
New Produce every weekend as Eastern North Carolina gardens start sharing the Winter bounty!
- Our Farmers have tomatoes, beets, cabbage, greens, mushrooms, apples, spinach, sweet potatoes, root vegetables, and micro-greens.
- There is plenty of eggs, dairy, wines, honey, jams and free-range beef, lamb, pork, and chicken.
- Our Bakers have many kinds of desserts to tempt your taste buds.
- Our Plant Growers have potted plants for the home and garden.
- Shop our Artists, Crafters, and Authors for their unique items handmade by the vendors!
- Don’t forget the market building and grounds are available for rent. Keep us in mind for your next event!
Image Created by: The County Compass, Bayboro, NC
Become a Friend of the Market Today! Click here to learn more
Spring Market Season
In early April farmers usually still have available, some winter vegetables like sweet potatoes, rutabagas, and turnips. They still are bringing winter greens like broccoli, asparagus, kale, spinach, collards, and cabbage. Typical spring vegetables such as radishes, carrots, pea shoots, bok choy, micro-greens, and red and green leaf lettuces are beginning to show up. Farmers offer various cuts of meats like chicken, pork, beef, and a variety of tasty sausage recipes handed down from one generation to the next. The laying hens are busy producing lots of fresh eggs. If you are ready to plant your own garden look for tables full of bedding plants for vegetables, herbs, and flowers. Food vendors have everything from pork-skins to specialty diet goodies. Artists, authors, and crafters round out a very full and busy market.
NOW ACCEPTING: SNAP/EBT
Remember: SNAP can be used to buy edible plants and herbs including backyard vegetable garden bedding plants!