The New Bern Farmers Market is located in downtown New Bern, North Carolina. It is open Saturdays from 8AM to 2PM year around. The market has a selection of local produce, plants, farm raised meats, baked goods, Arts and Crafts, and so much more.
New Produce every weekend as Eastern North Carolina gardens start sharing the summer bounty!
- Our Farmers have tomatoes, corn on the cob, blue berries, carrots, kale, sweet onions, summer squash, zucchini, green beans, butter beans, cucumbers, peaches, cantaloupes, watermelons, sprouts, and micro-greens.
- There is plenty of eggs, dairy, wines, honey, jams and free-range beef, lamb, pork, and chicken.
- Our Bakers have many kinds of desserts to tempt your taste buds.
- Our Plant Growers have summer bouquets, fresh cut flowers, and potted plants for the home and garden.
- Shop our Artists, Crafters, and Authors for their unique items handmade by the vendors!
- Don’t forget the market building and grounds are available for rent. Keep us in mind for your next event!
Image Created by: The County Compass, Bayboro, NC
Featured Vendor -Anita Cranston
Arriving at the Market on July 30th!
I’m Anita Cranston with the Gypsy Mermaid.
My husband and I have a boat at the New Bern Grand Marina and stay on it a couple of weekends a month.
I’m originally from Texas where I met my husband, Scott. He was in flight school at NAS Corpus Christi but ended up joining the SEAL Teams.
While he is from Iowa and I am from Texas we have lived in:
Sasebo, Japan, California, Texas, Florida, Virginia, Louisiana, Washington State and now North Wilkesboro ,North Carolina.
I’ve been painting since I was in 5th grade and studied art at Del Mar Community College in Corpus Christi Texas.
More recently I was the executive director of the Blue Ridge Artisan Center located in the historical “1915” Federal Courthouse In Wilkesboro, NC.
Now retired we spend a lot of time in New Bern on our boat “Feelin’ Froggy” as well as traveling to visit family in several other states.
As my alter ego I teach Tai Chi from my home studio as well as the Anytime Fitness here in North Wilkesboro.
Some of Anita’s work!
NOW ACCEPTING: SNAP/EBT
Remember: SNAP can be used to buy edible plants and herbs including backyard vegetable garden bedding plants!