The New Bern Farmers Market is located in downtown New Bern, North Carolina. It is open Saturdays from 8AM to 2PM year around. The market has a selection of local produce, plants, farm raised meats, baked goods, arts and crafts, and so much more.
New Produce every weekend as Eastern North Carolina gardens start sharing the Summer bounty!
- Our Farmers have blueberries, micro-greens, wheat grass, sweet onion, radishes, carrots, leaf lettuce, and new red potatoes
- There is plenty of eggs, dairy, wines, honey, jams and free-range beef, lamb, pork, and chicken.
- Our Bakers have many kinds of desserts to tempt your taste buds.
- Our Plant Growers have potted plants for the home and garden and lovely cut flowers
- Shop our Artists, Crafters, and Authors for their unique items handmade by the vendors!
- Don’t forget the market building and grounds are available for rent. Keep us in mind for your next event!
Image Created by: The County Compass, Bayboro, NC
Summer Market Season
Hot August temperatures are favored by some vegetables, especially okra, eggplant, sweet peppers, hot peppers, field peas, cantaloupe, and watermelons. Whatever the weather our meat farmers bring frozen packs of beef, pork lamb, and chicken. Other farmers offer eggs, honey, wine, cut flowers, annual plants, and perennial shrubs. Our farmer/artists raise goats to make milk-based soaps and lotions and sheep to make woolen items. Cool off with a glass of fresh- squeezed lemonade while shopping for handmade arts and crafts.
Late August is back to school time in Eastern North Carolina – Bring your students to the market to choose delicious nutritious foods to take in their lunch boxes. Fruits and vegetables can easily be cut into chunks, pack in plastic bags, and keep cool with a frozen juice. Check out our bakers “good for you” treats like carrot cake, pumpkin bread and zucchini muffins. Specialty baked goods like gluten-free, dairy-free, keto, and vegan are also available. It is never too early or late to teach healthy eating habits!
Fall is only about a month away! Cooler weather, and plentiful Fall veggies are right around the corner!
It is cooler in the morning and that is when our vendors are fully stocked. So jump out of bed grab an ice coffee at the market and get your shopping done in the cool morning hours!
NOW ACCEPTING: SNAP/EBT
Remember: SNAP can be used to buy edible plants and herbs including backyard vegetable garden bedding plants!